Automated Counter Loan Program
The Active Transportation Resource Center (ATRC) supports the collection of and maintenance of pedestrian and bicycle related data. The goal of the Automated Counter Loan Program Pilot is to make available automated pedestrian and bicycle counters for agencies to borrow so they may meet the minimum expectations for conducting user counts. By collecting counts, agencies will meet requirements and have the ability to better evaluate active transportation projects funded through the Active Transportation Program (ATP).
Steps to Borrowing:
- Interest Form: Agency fills out Interest Form (above)
- Guidebook Review: After you submit your Interest Form and prior to your Connection Call with CCE, please review the ATRC Counter Loan Program Guidebook for the specific equipment type you will borrow:
- Connection Call: CCE will contact you via phone within 3 business days to discuss needs.
- ATRC Counter Loan Program Check-Out Packet: Based on the Connection Call, CCE will send a completed Check-Out Packet via e-mail.
- Agency signs and returns to CCE via email.
- Final Check-Out Process Email: CCE will send the specific Installation Guides and videos via email and will ship the equipment.
- Note: Depending on demand, the ATRC will do its best to get you the equipment you need at the time you need it. ATRC expects each loan period to be one month in duration. This allows for one week to obtain the equipment and get it ready to install, one to two weeks to conduct the counts, and one week to take down the equipment and return it.
- Data Log-in Information Email: CCE will send online data account log-in information via email.
- This account will allow you to view, analyze, and export the count data collected.
- Count Close-Out and Equipment Return: CCE will contact you prior to the equipment return date listed in your Check-Out Packet and email you with instructions.
A blank ATRC Counter Loan Program Check-Out Packet is available here for your reference:
Click an image below to enlarge